When taking photos or videos, tap the screen where you want to focus on. The phone will automatically adjust the settings to improve the image or video
If you want to remove an entire text message conversation (or thread), go into Messages and look for the thread. Then long press on it and select the Trash icon.
You can also select multiple threads. Before you press the Trash, you can highlight the threads you want deleted. Then press Trash.
If you have decided to ditch your iPhone in favour of Android, then there is a simple way to take your iTunes music, playlists and album art with you.
Simply go the Android Marketplace and download a Free App called Easy Phone Tunes. You will also need the computer version of the software, so go to http://easyphonetunes.com and download it from there.
Then, when that is done, turn your phone into a USB storage device (this will vary from device to device, but instructions are on the website).
Once your phone is connected to your computer, open the computer version of the software and select your device from the Easy Phone Tunes list. Then follow the instructions to Sync your media.
You can use the volume buttons to put the phone in silent mode.
Keep pressing the Down volume until it reaches 0%.
If you have 'Vibration in Silent mode' turned on, it will also put the phone into Vibrate mode. To change this, go to your homescreen. Press Menu - Settings - Sound - Vibration.
Warning: This will remove ALL data on the phone (but not the MicroSD card).
To perform a hard reset, or factory reset, then there are a number of methods to try:
1) From the home screen, press Menu - Backup and reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone. It may ask for a password. Then select Erase everything
If the phone is totally unresponsive, even after a reboot, then try the following methods.
2) While the phone is turned off, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together. Then, while holding these, press and release the Power button (keep holding the volume buttons). The phone should turn on and a menu will appear. Press the Volume down button to navigate to the Recovery option. Press the Volume Up to select (if that doesn't work, use the Power button to select). A yellow triangle and an Android logo will appear. Press the Volume Down and Volume Up button together and a recovery menu should appear. Use the Volume buttons to move to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and then press Power to select. Again, use the Volume Down key to choose Yes and press the Power button again to select.
3) While the phone is turned off, press and hold the Volume Down button. Then, while holding, press and release the Power button. A menu should appear. Use the Volume down key to go to Clear Storage. Use the Power button to select the option. Then when asked to confirm, press Volume Up for Yes.
4) While the phone is off, press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Then release the buttons when you see the Logo. Use the Volume Down button to go down and the Home or Power key to select. Choose the Wipe data/Factory reset option. Then Select Yes to delete all user data. Then choose to reboot the phone.
5) A final method is to enter the code into your phone's dialer: *2767*3855# This method will not give you an option to reverse the process, so be careful! This method will only work if you can boot into your phone.
To disable / enable vibrate (also called haptic feedback) when you type or press the screen, go to Settings - Language & input - Settings.
Then uncheck Vibrate on keypress.
To lock your screen while you are watching videos, simply press the power button.
This will disable the touchscreen buttons while the video is playing, but it won't turn the screen off like the lock key normally does.
Note, this will only work on video files that you are playing that are stored on your phone. It won't work for videos played within websites, such as Youtube videos.
If you want to conserve battery life, you can turn off the WiFi while the phone is asleep.
Go to Settings - WiFi - Advanced - Keep WiFi on during sleep.
Rather than having to locate the hang up icon on the screen after each call, you can quickly end a call by pressing the Power button.
To enable this, go to Settings - Accessibility - Power button ends call.
To take a screen shot, hold down the Volume Down and Power Buttons together. This will save the current screen to your phone's memory card.